Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Banqueting / Conference Centre October 2010



Good Day my fellow hoteliers

The month of October has led me to this wonderful department called banqueting.

The term banqueting means the following:

Banqueting - eating an elaborate meal (often accompanied by entertainment

This is exactly what banqueting was like, “elaborate food and “some” entertainment”. I could name the banqueting department my emancipation and not in the since of being set free but rather being able to be trusted with ones work.
I required a lot of knowledge in my time in banqueting in the since of being able to see how differently the banqueting team at the hotel works compared to other events I have worked at for other companies and how all the different workers in the department vary from one each other , for me this was GREAT. The team I worked with taught me a lot with regards to how functions are set up and what all is required , I learned pretty quickly and in no time I could manage setting up a function with no questions with regards to “where is this and that”.

It has also taught me that one should appreciate every single event you attend because you don't realize how much work goes into preparing for that event until you actually physically do it yourself.

I really have enjoyed my time in banqueting it allowed me to express and display my skills and I don’t think, anyone could ask for a greater team than the one in banqueting. And yes “Robyn” no bad things mentioned because to me your department is not perfect but I can see you all reaching for that perfection. SO to all my fellow colleagues I will miss you but will see you all sometime next year.

AND REMEMBER TEAM =
T- TOGETHER
E- EVERYONE –
A – ACHIEVES –
M – MORE
AND NEVER FORGET THAT

X.O.X.O

Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment