Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Year one!!!!! What a year..... 2010 - 2011


Good Day my readers

Well my first official year as a new hotelier has come to an end.

I will be going on leave from the 1 – 30 April 2011.

My first year at the hotel has been an amazing, fun and a bumpy ride. I have gained much
experience in this industry within a year, possibly more experience, knowledge and skills than I have
ever thought I would gain in one year.

Starting at the bottom of the pyramid is not always fun because one feels like they always reach this
peak in their life and then suddenly this massive drop down to the bottom again when you start
something new. Kind of like being on the top in grade 7 then dropping when you reach high school
for the first time. It is not always a great feeling but you need not to ponder upon this feeling but
rather look at the bigger picture which is a qualification and a top job.

This is exactly what I keep in mind all the time. Being in the hotel industry is not always the easiest
thing in the world due to the fact you the one that needs to try and keep everyone around you
happy all the time (which is not always possible because we all human and we all make mistakes)
So yes at times it is difficult an I have my bad moments but those bad moments due not compare
to all the good moments I have , meeting new people an interacting with guests every day for me is
the best job in the world because I love making use of my people skills and it allows me to feel really
proud of myself.

So yes my 1st year has been tough but I have enjoyed almost every moment of it and have gained
and learned so much. I am appreciative everyday for the all the people who have influenced my life
and who have taught me how to become one of the best hoteliers in this business.

Love you all will be posting when am back.......
got some new exciting blogs coming soon... something i didnt do last year watch this space...

X.O.X.O

Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment