Thursday, July 29, 2010

Reception/Marketing 1-31 JULY 2010


The month of July: cancerian month, the month of so many things good and not so good but yes not going to mention the bad stuff because this is not what this blog is about.

From the 1-22 of July I had been in reception (my first month of the 2 months to go in reception). Wow reception was hectic so much things to learn and do, it was actually quite scary in the beginning but as the month went on I got use to all the pressure (not perfectly) but good thus far. I learned how to use Opera in aspects pertaining to the front office division, things like: banking, checking in/out guests, moving transactions, moving accounts to PM accounts and of course the A/R (bill back) facilities a lot of companies and tour operators. It was a huge learning curve for me because all the above mentioned was not an easy task and didn’t take a week to learn a little over that (seeing that I am a fast learner) but at the end of the day I still have a lot to learn.

During the last 11 days of the month 22-31 July I was moved to marketing to help the team out with regards to data capturing , YES people data capturing over 3000 individual profiles and 400 business cards. I have never ever put so much data into one PC in my life, I think I need to win an award for the most profiles created on the Opera system LOL . But at the end of the day it was long and repetitive work I am happy I could help the team out , the second time in my traineeship I was moved to marketing , but hey I am not complaining the more experience the better. So thanks everyone for adding to my knowledge during the month of July

X.O.X.O
Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment