Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Travel Desk 26 - 30 JUNE 2010



Okay so now I am at the travel desk or better know as the concierges desk. I have learned quite a bit being here due to the fact I never knew how much the travel desk actually deals with.

Once knowledge of places and areas in and around Cape Town really has to be jacked up as well as ones general knowledge, seeing that so many people are always asking for directions and “how do I get here” and “where this place is”. Travel desk also consisted of being able to book transfers to and from places, as well as guided tours at a very steep price I would say , but hey at the end of the day this is a hotel and the prices are unfortunately high. One good thing about travel desk is that there is a wide variety of travel chooses , guests do not have to use the hotels vehicles but could also use private cabs and taxis.

During my time at travel desk I learned the art of booking transfers and “fast Posting” on the opera system which proved to be a very handy tool thus far in the department I am currently working in (hint hint) , So I want to thank the entire team at the travel desk for all your help and contribution to my journey in this industry it will be greatly appreciated and remembered

Love

X.O.X.O
Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment