Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Farewell Johanita Jacobs i will miss you.....


Good Day my fellow readers

Well even though I have had a very first good month back at the hotel it has been a very sad one to.
This month we all had to say good bye to the Rooms Division Manager: Johanita Jacobs
Johanita simply put was a Crown Diamond for The Vineyard Hotel and Spa. She not only has been an amazing manager but she was a mother for some, listener for others and for me she was all of that but especially my MENTOR.

When I first applied for my trainee ship back in November / December 2009 I had to come for two interviews in my second interview it was in front of Johanita and I could immediately tell this was a lady that has a passion for this industry.

Needless to say thanks to her vote I got this position. Lol I can still remember when I had to come hand in my signed contract she took it from me and said “Dean, don’t make me regret my decision “with that big white smile and a *wink*.
During my time at the hotel I went through many different things with regards to my position at the hotel and trying to explore many opportunities but before I did anything I would go and speak to Johanita to ask for her advice because I knew she was always the one that would tell me the truth and be straight forward enough with me (which Is one of her super qualities I have always appreciated).


Johanita has left to pursue her long term dream to go and work on celebrity cruise ships aboard Royal Caribbean cruise liners.
She knows that she will be greatly missed and especially by me because I had to lose my mentor (but at least not forever LOl  ) she will be back in the next 4 months.


So Ms.J.Jacobs good luck you will be missed by all of us and good luck with everything you know you will be a success and don’t forget about us here in Cape Town and I will see you very soon!!!!

X.O.X.O
Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment