Friday, December 24, 2010

The Square December 2011: Breakfast




Festive greetings my fellow readers

The festive month of Christmas brings me to one of the hotels outstanding restaurants “The Square”.

During the busy month I had worked what we call the “early” or “breakfast shift” which starts at 6:30 and ends at 15:00 in the afternoon. In the begin it was a little tough for me , main reason being is that I am not a morning person what so ever , so far me to get up at 5:30 and be at work at 6:30 was hectic. I managed to get through it though and my body is adjusting bit by bit.

For me my experience in The Square was really awesome. Working with the early morning breakfast team compared to working late was a lot different than I expected.
A breakfast shift is a more pressurizing one seeing that mosts of the guests that stay at the hotel have there breakfast included in there rate , therefore service is much busier because guests are not directly but rather indirectly paying for their meal.

At the Square we offer the guests a full buffet for breakfast: from a wide variety of pastries, cold meats, juices and so much more on offer. They also provide a La Carte menu for those guests who prefer not to eat from the buffet but to rather order straight off the menu. Guests also have the choose to either sit in the Square restaurant or to go and have breakfast on the outside patio (that patio being the one displayed in the picture above from Novembers experience).

Working the breakfast shift has been a great experience for me , got to learn about how the micros system worked according to breakfast an the different skills an attention to detail one needs. So thank you all to the breakfast team for allowing me to share in this experience , as we all know it will continue to grow me bigger an bigger in this industry.

X.O.X.O

Hotel Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment